Travelling is fun. It may require some motivation and inspiration. Famous quotes about travel have been made by travel enthusiasts to spread good travel spirits. The quotes are meant to encourage you to venture more into new territories and discover amazing things about different people and places around the world.
Here are some famous quotes about travel from books
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
- “I read, I travel, I become”
― Derek Walcott
- “because he had no place he could stay in without getting tired of it and because there was nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars…”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road
- “Wanderer, your footsteps are the road, and nothing more; wanderer, there is no road, the road is made by walking. By walking one makes the road, and upon glancing behind one sees the path that never will be trod again. Wanderer, there is no road– Only wakes upon the sea.”
― Antonio Machado, Campos de Castilla
Famous Quotes about Travel from movies
- It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door, you step onto the road and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to
_ Bilbo, Lord of the rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- “You only get one life. It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible”
_Will Taynor, Me Before You
- “Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures take us to our DESTINY”
_The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe.
- “Life moves pretty fast, If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it” _ Ferris Buella, Ferris Buellas Day Off
Famous travelers have also written blogs and developed amazing quotes outs of their own experiences while they were travelling. You would want to pick your bag and just head to a destination.
Here are some quotes from famous travelers
- “Fascism is cured by reading, and racism is cured by travelling” _Miguel de Unamumo
- “My favorite moment is PAUSING my every thought. Pausing to take in the character of the place, Pausing to feel collective experiences and journeys of thousands before me, Pausing to revere nature and her creations, pausing to honor man and his inventions”
_ Ketki S-Dotted Globe
- “Travelling is more than seeing something new, it’s also about leaving behind something that is old. Whether that be your past, your misconceptions, your comfort level, or your anxieties, the next time you head down a new path, realize that there is no better time to be the new you”. _Charles Kosman- the Barefoot nomad
- “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question” _ Huran Yahya
Some celebrities love to travel, they spare some time out of their busy schedules. They realize by travelling you get time to breathe, think and even conceive great mind-blowing ideas.
Here are some quotes from celebrities who love to travel
- “The only thing that I travel with is an Ole Henriksen Facial Cleanser, something that my skin is used to avoid using different soaps at different hotels all the time and Givenchy Man Pro-Energizing Massive Moisturizer. I usually keep my hair pretty short, too, so I don’t require a lot of stuff” _ Justin Timberlake
- “Your Journey begins with a choice to get up, step up and live fully” _ Oprah Winfrey
Famous quotes when using a cheap flight
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel” _Eugene Fodor
- “ wherever you go, go with all your heart” _Confucius
- “TRAVEL ISN’T ALWAYS PRETTY, it isn’t always comfortable, sometimes it hurts, and it even breaks your heart. But it’s okay. The Journey Changes you, it leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart and on your body, and you take something with you. Hopefully you leave something good behind” _ Anthony Bourdain
There people who don’t love travelling, we have quotes that might change their perspective and views. You will look at travelling as a great venture and might even consider trying it out.
- “The world is a book and those who don’t travel only read one page” _ St. Augustine
- “Because in the end you won’t remember the time you spent you spent working in an office or mowing your lawn. Climb that godamn mountain” _ Jack Kerowal
- “It is a big and beautiful world, most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be Most of Us” _ Oberyn Martell- Game of thrones
- “Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times” _ Forever Karen
Travelling is a fun adventure, you want to eat, live and laugh, and here are some funny travel quotes to cheer up your journey
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, its lethal” _ Paulo Coelho
- “ worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist”_ Anonymous
- “Do no follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” _Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Whenever I travel, I change my password to INCORRECT so whenever I forget my password , login tells me the password is INCORRECT”
Traveling has many helpful benefits, apart from getting out of your routine and comfort zone; you meet new people, learn their culture and create lasting relationship. There is always a reason to travel it could be to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or just to relax and rejuvenate.
Travelling opens your mind and the famous quotes about travel will motivate you to keep going as you conquer the world one destination at a time. To travel is to live!